Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merge data

Betsy,

You are using the terms worksheets and workbooks interchangably: worksheets are sheets within a
workbook (a single Excle file), while workbooks are separate, individually named Excel files.

If you have 15 WORKSHEETS, insert a new column B in each sheet, and use

=VLOOKUP(A2,'SheetName'!A:B,2,False)

in cell B2, copied down.

If you have 15 WORKBOOKS, open all the files, insert a column in each sheet of each workbook, and
use

=VLOOKUP(A2,'[WorksBookName.xls]SheetName'!$A:$B,2,FALSE)

in cell B2, copied down.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Betsy" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with two columns: job titles and job codes.

I have 15 other worksheets that have several columns including job code, and
I need to add the job title in a column next to the job code.

Example of 1st workbook:

Job Title Job Code
President A4000
Secretary B1200
Technical Asst D3211
etc.

Other 15 workbooks are set up like:

Job Code Score Average Total
A4000 421 321 732
D3211 320 170 642

I just need to add a column that shows Job Title next to Job Code in the 15
workbooks, pulling that data from first workbook.

Help!