Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Allllen Allllen is offline

Default Using Data Filter

Does your file look like this?

Name (columns ......) In or out?
Alf ( blah... ) in
Bert (blah... ) out
Cynthia (blah... ) in

If so, you can just use autofilter on that last column.

If it looks different you need to help us to visualise it.

--
Allllen

"Robert B." wrote:

Mr. Aquib Rizvi,

I have a Name Column, In / Out / In / Out Columns (Arrival, Dep, Arrival,
Dep). Say you arrive at work in the AM and then go out to lunch (Dep) and
come back (Arr) and then later on leave for the day (Dep) - 4 columns. I
have calculations created in other column that figures out who is either in
or out using a 1 or 0. The filter point is the calculation column. The
calculation column is giving me the correct 1 or 0. But when I ask Excel to
show me the report of who is in when say 1 person is in the list but nothing
is in the in/out/in/out columns it shows me this person.

Robert B.

"Aqib Rizvi" wrote:

If you have In and Out in two different columns then what is is your
filter point? If you have both of them in one column say either a 1
or a zero, then your filter should give correct result for whatever
you choose.

AQIB RIZVI