Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Create a function to add one to the count

OHHH I forgot to let you know, at work I have Excel 2003

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

=COUNTIF(D2:D22,"Y")
This is not case sensitive so it counts Y and y
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lawrence" wrote in message
initially that would have worked but there are two people that can put
either
Y, N, or n/a (if we do not attempt at all) in the D column.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Have you tried using =SUM(D2:D22) where D2:D22 is the range of the
numbers
to be added together (summed)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lawrence" wrote in message
OK, this is probably an easy one, but I can't figure it out. We (two of
us)
keep a list of patients that we put PICCs in, I want to have a small
table
automatically total the number Attempts, not attempts, and successful
placements.
so basically, if D3=Y and E3=LR then add one to the number in Attempts
(J4)
and successful placements (J6).