Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Can't hyperlink to another Excel file

Hi Joe:

Here is a way of making a hyperlink that should work off-local.

First assign a mapped drive designator to your shared drive

G:

then use a hyperlink formula:

=HYPERLINK("file:///G:\yaris mileage.xls","mileage")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200759

"Access Joe" wrote:

Hi everyone.

I'm going crazy here. I have a Master Excel file with a bunch of
hyperlinks. Some links go to other spreadsheets in that file, some go to
Word documents, and some go to other Excel workbooks. Everything works
perfectly EXCEPT the links to the other Excel workbooks. When I click a link
that points to another Excel file, it freezes and the just does nothing.
These files are in the same folder as the Word files, so I'm confused as to
why it'll open up other word docs but not other excel docs.

I've tried creating the links in multiple master files - and they will not
work anywhere. The file I'm trying to link to DOES work - I can open it up
manually without a problem. It's not in 'My Docs', it's in a shared company
directory.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks much!