Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Default =sum not working

Sometimes cells can retain text format if they have been formatted that way
previously, even if you later format them as numeric. Highlight all the
number cells and press CTRL+1, check the format is set to number, then click
OK and click on each of the cells in turn and press F2 followed by Enter to
're-enter' the numbers in the cells, they will now be formatted properly as
numbers.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk

"SLP" wrote:

Hello. I am trying to do an =sum for 205 rows. The result is 0. I checked
Tools | Otpions -- Automatic is set. The cells leading into the =sum are
formatted as numbers. (Also tried it with General). The cells that lead into
those cells are not text. Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks.