Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default create a formula to produce a color in excel

If not more than 3 colours, try conditional formatting

Example:
Select col A, click Format Conditional Formatting
Apply the following using "Formula Is:"
Cond1: =A1="A"
Format to taste

Cond2: =A1="B"
Format to taste

Cond3: =A1="C"
Format to taste
Ok out

Test it out by inputting the 3 letters* (A, B, C) in any cell in col A, the
corresponding format will be triggered.
*non case sensitive
--
Max
Singapore
"Senie" wrote:
I am trying to produce a formula as to where I key in a specific letter and
the cell will turn to a specific color. for example: if I type in the Letter
"A" the cell the letter is typed in will turn to the color Light Blue.