Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AFJr AFJr is offline

Default NETWORKDAYS: using correct funtion?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying but that did not give me the desired result. I've tried
multiplying the result using -1 in order to get a negative number if the
release date is later than the due date but that did not work either.

--
TIA

AFJr

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe:-

=IF(AND(B8=0,B8D5),(NETWORKDAYS(B8,$D$5)),NETWORK DAYS($D$5,B8))

Mike

"AFJr" wrote:

Hi,

Objective:
A work order release is received and I enter that date into cell B8.
In cell D5 resides the due date an item is due.
In cell C8 I want to calculate the days to the due date (this works). If the
date entered is later than the due date, I need to show the days late (this
appears to work except I need to show it as a negative number) and that is my
problem.

This is the formula I'm using, it resides in cell C8:

=IF(B8=0,"",(NETWORKDAYS($D$5,B8)))

Am I using the right function? If not, can someone point me in the right
direction because I am pretty much lost.
--
TIA

AFJr