Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] ekmarinus@gmail.com is offline

Default Issues with sharing workbooks (data loss)

On Nov 16, 5:02 pm, mi1stormilst
wrote:
I have seen several posts here regardingdatalossassociated with sharedworkbooks. I have not read any reponses that have satisfied my personal
curiosity. Please post here if you are either personally experiancing this
problem or if possible you actually have a solution to the problem.

Description of my problem: We have one shared workbook on a network drive
that is constantly beiong updated by multiple employees. We have had 3-4
people in the last few days indicate thatdatathey had entered and saved is
now now missing.

We have since turned ondatatracking but have not found any useful
information to determine what the problem is.

Does Microsoft acknowledge that it is possible for users editingdatain the
same field at the same time can overwrite each othersdata?

This also happen to me today. I am not sure what caused it.