Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Trish Trish is offline

Default Best chart format to use?

Thanks Jon, I have just done what you suggested and it looks good. Is there
a way I can put the labels below the problem area rather than "in" the
problem area?
Thanks so much for your help :-)

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I think I would plot it this way. Use only the Recommend/Problems data, and
take the negative of the Problem data:

Rec. Prob.
WSBS 4 -1
ABC 0 -2
DEF 1 -1
GHI 0 -0
XYZ 1 -1

Make a stacked column chart. The recommendations reach above the axis, the
problems below.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Trish" wrote in message
Hi, I am using Excel 2003.

Let's say we want to implement a new system, and to get an idea of what to
buy, we survey a number of like organisations to see what they are using,
whether or not they recommend the system and if they have had any
problems.

Eg:

Response Recommend Problems
WSBS 5 4 1
ABC 2 0 2
DEF 1 1 1
GHI 0 0 0
XYZ 2 1 1

The left column shows hthe system. The Response column shows how many
organisations use each system. The Recommend column shows how many
organisations recommend the system (out of the original response) and the
last column shows how many organisations had problems with the system.

If I wanted to present this information in a clear and concise manner,
what
type of chart(s) should I use? I did three separate ine charts initially
but
I am thinking I should combine them into one to give it more relativity.
have viewed a number of options and some of them look too cluttered or
clumsy.

As an add on (and not necessary an Excel question) what other information
should I solciit in my survey to make a meaningful presentation without
confusing people with too much graphics? Keep it simple and use
different
ones, or combine?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions! :-) Thanks. Trish