Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dugster Dugster is offline

Default Another Time Calulation Question - Sorry.

Hi again Ron, ignore my last message; I just changed the cell format and it's
perfect.

Thank you very much for your help. You guys are great.

Doug
--
I don't mind being wrong, I'd just like you to prove it! :)

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If you really need to use that structure for recording time...
try this:

I4: =INT((TIME(G4,H4,0)-TIME(E4,F4,0)+TIME(C4,D4,0)-TIME(A4,B4,0))*24)
J4: =MOD((TIME(G4,H4,0)-TIME(E4,F4,0)+TIME(C4,D4,0)-TIME(A4,B4,0))*24,1)*60

copy those formulas down as far as you need.

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Dugster" wrote in message
Hi, I hope you don't mind a newbie asking newbie questions? :) I'm a
filling
short of a sandwich when it comes to excel, so please keep that in mind if
you decide to be so kind as to respond. Thanks!

I am trying to get the total hours and minutes worked over two periods to
show in columns I and J. Honest, I've used the help file and looked about
here but I just don't get it. :s I'd appreciate all and any help.
Thanks.

A B C D E F G H I J
1 AM AM PM PM Deficit B/F
2 Start Finish Start Finish
3 Hrs Mins Hrs | Mins
4 09 | 10 12 | 30 13 | 00 17 | 00
5 08 | 30 12 | 30 13 | 00 17 | 30
6 09 | 00 12 | 00 12 | 40 17 | 00

--
I don't mind being wrong, I'd just like you to prove it! :)