Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Screen Flicker

ScreenUpdating should do it. I'm not sure why it wouldn't. You could try the
following:

Public Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As
Long) As Long

Sub OpenWorkbook()
Dim XLHWnd As Long
On Error GoTo ErrH:
XLHWnd = Application.Hwnd
LockWindowUpdate XLHWnd
Workbooks.Open "C:\Book1.xls"
ErrH:
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
' Be SURE (!!) that
' LockWindowUpdate 0& gets
' called regardless of any
' error.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
LockWindowUpdate 0&
End Sub

Be SURE (!) to call LockWindowUpdate passing it a 0, regardless of whatever
path code execution takes or whatever errors may occur.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dim" wrote in message
Hi folks,

When I run a macro I've disabled some screen flicker using
ScreenUpdating=False which works fine. But part of my macro is to open
then
close another workbook, and when it opens it automatically displays for a
second until it closes again. Is there any way I can stop this?

Maybe there's some sort of option in Excel that doesn't open new workbooks
as the front window and I could include the selection of this option as
part
of my macro.....

Any ideas are much appreciated?
Thanks