Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default Locate Macros

FL,

The file you should be looking for is "Personal.xls" and it should be
located in the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name/Logon]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\PERSONAL.XLS

be sure to change the "[User Name/Logon]" to your user longon.

HTH,

Conan

"FL" wrote in message
How do I locate the file which stores Excel Macros? My PC hard drive was
removed and placed as a secondary drive into another PC. I'm now using a
new
PC that has Excel but not my original custom macros. I need to locate and
copy the file which stored the macros that I used that are on the old hard
drive. Can this be done? What is the file name that I need to locate and
what path does it need to be stored in?
--
FL