Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Repeat printing rows in multiple worksheets

You might want to repeat, say, three rows at the top of each printed
sheet, so you would need to be able to indicate this - as $1:$3. Thus,
that is the syntax used, so if you only want one row then you have to
enter $1:$1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 27, 10:33 pm, Soon-to-retire Teacher
wrote:
Gord: your tip worked nicely. However, nowhere in the Excel Help file do I
find your tip information... all it directs us to do is: after getting into
Page Setup: "in the Rows to repeat at top" box, enter the rows that contain
the coumn labels, then click Print. We are not instructed to enter $1:$1
rather than a 1. I had been trying to enter a 1 all along for Row 1 which
has my column heading info. Many Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:
Either click in the dialog box and point to row1 or enter 1:1 in the dialog
box.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:51:03 -0800, Soon-to-retire Teacher <Soon-to-retire
wrote:

I have been unsucessful trying this... error message appears... "Reference is
not Valid". Here's what I do: open Excel a work sheet File Page Setup
I click 'Sheet' in the Print Titles area, I place a 1 (for the row what I
want to repeat at the top of each page in the Rows to Repeat at Top Area
click OK error message... "Reference is not Valid."

I'm probably overlook something as plain as the nose on my face. Any help
appreciated.- Hide quoted text -