Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default Offset function in Excel 2003

Of course it depends how you define an array function. There is a
straightway definition for array formulas in Excel Help, but no such
definition exist for array function.

For me, an array function is the one, which behaves like array formula -
i.e. it has several same-dimensional parameters, and returns a value or the
set of values (like SUMPRODUCT), but you enter it without Ctrl+Shif+Enter.
(By your approach, p.e. INDIRECT or even simple range reference are array
functions too.)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Anu" wrote in message
When you need to get more than one row & or One column ie if you put the
height and width as any no more than 1 , then you will have to use offset
as
array function.
Anu

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Can you explain how OFFSET is an array function?

Peo Sjoblom

"Anu" wrote in message
Offset Fuc is an array function which help you to make change to the
references made dynamically. eg. Suppose you are referring to RAnge
A1:b5
for
Product A and you want to change the reference to C1:D5 for Product B
you
can do so by changing the Row,Column coordinates in offset function

"CLarshtnt" wrote:

What is the purpose of the Offset function in Excel 2003?