Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eqa Eqa is offline

Default Vlookup with 2 different criteria before inserting a value

Eric,

I don't think I explained myself clearly.

I'll start again:
Col A has a drop down box with all the countries we import fom,
Col B has a drop down box with all the types of product we import
In Col C which is the duty payable dependent on which country and what type
of product it is a certain duty rate applies.

What do I need to do so that this will understand different rates for the
same product from different countries.Forget that I have a look up list
because aI think this is cinfusing me. So tell me step by step what I need to
establish so that this works.

Hope this is clear and thanks,

Eqa

"EricBB" wrote:

say your duty rate is in col D,
=sumproduct(--(c1:c10="what country?"),--(i1:i10="product type"),--(d1:d10))
change the range to suit your needs.

"Eqa" wrote:

Eric,

What do I place in logical 1 and logical 2? the cell C1 and I1 or a list of
all the countries and a list of all the product types? And how does it then
distinguish which country and which product gets which duty rate?

Eqa

"EricBB" wrote:

try this,
=sumproduct(--(logical 1),--(logical 2), col of duty rate)

"Eqa" wrote:

I have multiple columns of data. I want Col T to insert a duty rate from a
refernce list depending on the country of supply in Col C and the type of
product in Col I. What formula do I need to enter so that it cross references
these 2 variables.

Thanks in anticipation.

Eqa