Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default How to lock several sheets including af password?

Glad you are alert Dave, (as always!!)

In the middle of setting up my new Dell laptop with Vista. Typing on the
wrong keyboard half of the time! Well, that's my excuse, anyway.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Tyop <bg alert.

ws.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _
Password:="Roger"

(Added a comma after the last True in the first line.)

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi
Jane

Try
Sub LockDown()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
Password:="Roger"
Next
End Sub

Sub UnlockAll()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Unprotect Password:="Roger"
Next
End Sub

Make the password something far more sensible and memorable than "Roger"

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Jane" wrote in message
Sooner I have asked for an easy way to lock all the sheets in a
spredsheet
and I got the very useful answer:

Sub LockDown()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
Next
End Sub

Sub UnlockAll()
For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Unprotect
Next
End Sub

But I like to protect my spredsheet with a password, so the user can't
remove the protection. To that question I got the following answer:

"Open your workbook
Open the VBE (alt-f11)
select your poject
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab
Give it a memorable password.

Save your workbook, close it and reopen it to test that protection"

But I can't make that work - why?

Jane

--

Dave Peterson