Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel, change column of negative numbers to positive numbers?

If the copy and paste specialmultiply did not work, perhaps your numbers are
not "numbers" but text.

In an adjacent colukmn enter =ISNUMBER(cellref) and copy down a few rows.

Do you get TRUE or FALSE?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:12:01 -0800, Nita wrote:

If I need to quickly change an entire column (800 rows) of negative numbers
to positive numbers, what is the easiest way. I tried the paste special
multiply by -1, but it didn't work, I'm probably doing it wrong.