Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Compare and Update elements from Sheet1 with Sheet2

Look in Help under VLOOKUP and come back if more detailed helps is needed
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
Hello,

Problem: I have 2 spreadsheets. The first spreadsheet (SpreadsheetA)
is the master record of our inventory elements. The second spreadsheet
(SpreadsheetB) is a copy and paste of some of the elements in
SpreadsheetA but have been updated in some way. Is there a script of
sorts that will find the serial numbers of B in sheet A and update the
appropriate column.

For example.
SpreadsheetA

c1 c2 c3 c4 c5
r1 001 ABC
r2 002 BCD
r3 003 CDE
r4 004 DEF
r4 005 EFG

SpreadsheetB

c1 c2 c3 c4 c5
r1 001 XYZ
r2 002 WED
r3 003 DF4
r4 004 VR#
r4 005 POE

I want to take c2 from SpreadsheetB and find the corresponding record
in SpreadsheetA and update the elements of c3.

Any ideas? Even a partial script would be very helpful!

Joel