Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Finding first occurence of a number

Example: In col F cell 2 my number is 1480000770, then in cell 32 same
column the number changes to 1485555691. So I want a formula that will
print
the information that is in col F cell 2, or print the information that is
in
cell 32, depending on some other criteria.

What do you mean by: depending on some other criteria? What other criteria?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"beginner here" wrote in message
The other information that is on eiterh side of my number, I use other
formulas to locate. What I'm needing is a formula that will find the
first
occurence each time the number changes.

Example: In col F cell 2 my number is 1480000770, then in cell 32 same
column the number changes to 1485555691. So I want a formula that will
print
the information that is in col F cell 2, or print the information that is
in
cell 32, depending on some other criteria.

Steve
"T. Valko" wrote:

So, does this mean you want the cell address for the first instance of
this
number?

with additional information on either side of this number

I assume that means this info is in different cells on either side of the
number.

A1 = number

=ADDRESS(MATCH(A1,F:F,0),COLUMNS(A1:F1),4)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"beginner here" wrote in message
In col F cell 2, I have a number that is ten characters long, and this
number
could remain the same for up to 20 or 30 rows with additional
information
on
either side of this number, but then this number will change to a
different
number (number will always be ten characters long) for up to the same
20
or
30 rows, this format will continue for about another 200 rows or so.

So what I am needing is a formula that will locate the first occurence
of
this number, so that I can then access the remaining portion of this
information.

Steve