Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default active cell address with worksheet function

I found a very annoying bug in my national language (Hungarian) version
(XL2003):
CELL and "Colunm" IS translated into their Hungarian equivalents (CELLA and
"oszlop"), but "Address" and "Row" are NOT, so I have to use a language
mixtu

=CELLA("Address")
=CELLA("Row")

in English form, but
=CELLA("Oszlop")
in Hungarian form.

I'd appreciate more consistency from Microsoft!

Stefi

€˛Stefi€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Thanks Bernie, this is the very solution I was looking for! Meanwhile I found
out that =CELL("Row") etc. works in the same way.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Bernie Deitrick€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Stefi,

=CELL("Address")

but this requires a recalc to update when the selection changes.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I know how to retrieve active cell address with a VBA UDF. My question is
that is there any way to define it with some worksheet function?

Thanks,
Stefi