Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Long time user,can't create a chart-help!

My 2007 machine is in the other room, so I can't test right now. Try
referencing the address with the parent worksheet's name:

=Sheet1!A1:A500,Sheet1!B1:B500

If there are spaces in the sheet name, surround the name with single quotes:

='Sheet 1'!A1:A500,'Sheet 1'!B1:B500

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"ChasX" wrote in message
Using office since 1995 and creating superb charts. Just installed office
07
in a new computer and I am stuck. In the past for all additions I would
enter ,for example =A1:A500,B1:B500, Choose my chart style and a chart
would
be generated after filling in the various dialogue boxes. I do the same
now
and I just get error messages. Can I set-up Excel to behave in the manner
that I am accustomed to.
Thanks for your help