Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tstokes6887 tstokes6887 is offline

Default Formula Help Please!!

Hello-

I have a bunch of data in excel right now, and I need help writing a formula
that will automatically do subtractions.

Here is an example to help explain what I mean...

In column A I have 400.00. In column B I have 60.00, which means I want
column C to be 340.00. Now, Column A is constant at 400.00, but the data in
column B changes with each row. So I was wondering, is there a formula I can
write in the C column that will automatically change to whatever row I am in.

Example: the formula in row 1 is =a1-b1

Now if I were to copy and paste into the next say, 20 rows I want the
formula to automatically change to =a1-b2, =a1-b3, =a1-b4, ect.....

Does this make sense to anyone? If not, I would appreciate it if someone
could help me out, I could even send the excel doc. to your email. Any
information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!