Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Adding a cell reference to an if then function

Do you want the same cell reference to apply to every IF?

Try it like this:

=IF(H4="Like_New","Great condition, may contain minor
wear",IF(H4="Very_Good","Contains considerable wear, still very usable
though",IF(H4="Brand_New","MINT")))&" "&E6

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Timmah18" wrote in message
I have the following function:
=IF(H4="Like_New","Great condition, may contain minor
wear",IF(H4="Very_Good","Contains considerable wear, still very usable
though",IF(H4="Brand_New","MINT")))

and after the then statement I need it to read a number from a relative
cell
reference. But when I try to reference a cell inside the function it only
copies the name of the cell (ex. E6) and won't actually copy the contents
of
the cell. If I try to reference the cell outside of the function it
doesn't
work and I get a reference error message.

Any ideas?