Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Dave is offline

Default formula to change font or cell colour

I'm a bit of a novice at excel and tend to learn better from examples than
reading through instruction. I know you can use condtion format to change
font or cell colour but I don't know how to work out the formula. I have a
simple membership spreadsheet with cell b4 as the start date, cell d4 as the
expiry date which is b4+365. What I want to do is try and get the expiry date
cells to go red 30 days before the due date but still be able to see the due
date. The start date cells are the only cells that will change everytime
membership is renewed, the expiry cells will always be start date+365. I hope
you understand what I am trying to get at. What I am after is a method of
flagging up memberships that are due to expire 30 days before so I can send
out reminders. Please, Please Help, I'm using Office 2003 at home but Office
2000 at work, I normally create my spreadsheets at home and then use them at
work.