Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrfrustrated mrfrustrated is offline

Default Microsoft Excel 2003 - chart - legend key

Dear paynedave,

I have a similiar problem in Excel 2003 sizing the chart axis title boxes so
small that it chops off part of the title. I have tried resizing the chart,
changing the font, etc. and nothing worked. I don't know if this had
anything to do with it, but I had previously turned OFF cleartype fonts.
Since I have turned it back on, the problem on all new charts has not
reoccured. Here is how to re-enable clear type fonts:
Control Panel/Display/Appearance Tab/Effects Button then click the box
titled "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" and select
"Clear Type". I have no idea why something like this would solve the
problem, but apparently, it causes the graph routine to use a different font
spacing algorithum. Good Luck! I feel your pain. I had 4+ hours into it
before I stumbled on a solution.

"paynedave" wrote:

My charts are in B&W. I need to increase the size of the legend key to make
the pattern used in the legend clearer.

How can I do this please?