Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff[_4_] Jeff[_4_] is offline

Default Formula results to actual value

Stephen wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
This is very basic but I cannot find the answer in the help and I am
new to Excel 2002.

I have a column of text that was entered in all caps and that I
wanted to change to proper caps. So, I used the formula
"=PROPER(...)" to change the column of text from all caps to title
case. That worked fine. The results were produced the next column
over. But what I really want to do is replace the original column
that
contained the text in all caps with the changed text. How do I
change the column of "results" of the formula into actual "real
text" so I can copy them over and replace the original all caps text?

Thank you. (Hope I am clear)

Jeff

Just copy the "results" column, select the "capitals" column and use
Paste Special Values

Thank you. Too simple ...... !

Jeff