Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] stuart@monakee.com is offline

Default Summing based on N largest / smallest values

Nick,

Apologies.

Answer i'm after is 11,400

The crux of the problem is that the data in the [Volume] & [Value]
columns isn't necessarily in the same order.
Largest volume doesn't necesarily equate to largest value.

So i'm guessing i'll need to look first at the [Animal] column to
determine if it's a Cat, then at the [Colour] column to determine if
it's Black, then at the [Position] column to see if its' one of the
first three instances, and lastly to sum the data in the [Volume] and/
or [Value] column.

Hope this makes sense...

On 23 Nov, 15:54, "Niek Otten" wrote:
18,000 is the sum of all 5 instances of Black Cats.

What exactly do you require?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten