Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lynda Lynda is offline

Default Date calculations in Excel

Hi
I am a very basic Excel user and I'm trying to set up a formula that will
calculate a date based on me providing a "Due Date" and a "Number of Days
Prior Item is Due". I also want to be able to change these fields and have
the formula recalculate the date.

For example, in column A1, my Due Date is:
April 4, 2008
In column B1, my "Number of Days Prior Item is Due". I used 60 to represent
60 days prior.
In column C1, I entered the formula:
=A1-B1

I formatted column C to Date and the format I wanted - and it worked. The
value in the cell was Monday February 4, 2008.
However - if I change either the Due date (Column A) or the Number of Days
Prior Item is Due (Column B), the date in column C doesn't recalculate. Is
there a formula I could use in Column C that would allow it to recalculate if
I change a value in either Column A or Column B?

Also, when I copy this formula in column C to the rows below - it copies the
answer from Row 1 regardless of the values I use in the adjacent cells on the
rows below. Is there something that I can do to copy the correct formula to
rows below?

Thank you so much!

--
Lynda