Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pastel Hughes Pastel Hughes is offline

Default Formula results to actual value

Hi Jeff,

Simply highlight the values in the "Proper" column and then use Paste
Special to paste them "As Values" over top capitalized versions.

Pastel

"Jeff" wrote:

This is very basic but I cannot find the answer in the help and I am new
to Excel 2002.

I have a column of text that was entered in all caps and that I wanted
to change to proper caps. So, I used the formula "=PROPER(...)" to
change the column of text from all caps to title case. That worked
fine. The results were produced the next column over.

But what I really want to do is replace the original column that
contained the text in all caps with the changed text. How do I change
the column of "results" of the formula into actual "real text" so I can
copy them over and replace the original all caps text?

Thank you. (Hope I am clear)

Jeff