Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Kelly Armitage Kelly Armitage is offline

Default G'day ... Linking to .exe file help required.

I have an excel sheet and would like to have a hyper link in one of the cells
exceute and .exe file, this part I can do and it work (with a couple annoying
warning I know I can disable), however my issue is that the .exe I want to
run has a "Switch" or two after it which is what makes linking it from Excel
useful, however as soon as I use the switch, in the hyperlink after the
executable name, it tells me it cannot find the specified file.

Does anyone know how I can make this work or a workaround for it?
example hyper link would be c:\program files\program.exe <-- that works fine
but c:\program files\program.exe -switch <---fail to find the executable ?

thanks for any tips