Bob Phillips

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Allow me to bring up a side issue.

Recently (past 6 weeks), I've noticed that I'm not able to see the

*entire*
thread in several cases each day in my O.E.
Also, I've noticed that other folks will post an almost exact suggestion
*hours* after the initial suggestion was posted by someone else, leading

me
to believe that they (second poster) was not aware (couldn't see entire
thread) of the initial suggestion.

I came to that conclusion many months, maybe even years, ago. Often I may do
a Find in OE for a particular person, and it will throw up entries that I
cannot see in the NG thread. And how many times do you see someone saying
that they posted again because they didn't see their originalpost.

I often resort to Google to try and get a complete thread.

Your comment to Jason (nice tip), made me think that perhaps I'm not the
only person missing parts of threads, because I used that same suggestion

in
a thread that you were part of.back on March 6.

http://tinyurl.com/3odc7

Maybe my post didn't come through to your machine.
I'm wondering if you are also experiencing the losing of posts.

Could be that but it could be a couple of other things. Could just be that
my old brain read it and forgot it (I certainly won't forget this one now
:-). Also, I only watch some threads, even of those I join in on, and only
read some replies if I am not contributing or re-contributing. But there are
some people that I monitor in the NGs because I feel that they have an
interesting slant. Jason is one of these in WorksheetFunctions, and so if he
posts to a thread that I watching, then I will read it. So I read Jason's
reply whereas I may have missed an identical reply from someone else.

Is this perhaps a problem with the MS servers, or with O.E., since I see
that you also use O.E.?

Indeed I am, and all of my excuses don't deflect from your main point. I do
also experience the missing posts.