Dave Peterson

=and()
means that all the portions within those parentheses must be true for the =And()
to be true.

=weekday(a1,2)
returns a number representing the day of the week.
2 means that Monday is 1 and Sunday is 7.
(you can see excel's help for more info)

a1=today()
just checks to see if the date in A1 is at least as big as today's date.

Sam wrote:

I'm sorry but i don't understand what the code means. Is it possible for you
to explain what each seperate part of the formula makes the validation do.
Many thanks for your help so far.
Cheers, Sam

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Try this:

=AND(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5,A1=TODAY())
--

HTH,

RD

"Sam" wrote in message
So what would i type as the formula if i wanted the cell to display the full
date (e.g Saturday 19th March) but wanted it to only allow a saturday or
sunday, with the date greater or equal to todays date?
Thanks Sam

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Data|Validation|Settings tab
Allow: Custom
Formula: =WEEKDAY(A1,2)5

Sam wrote:

Is it possible to validate a cell so that only a date which is a

saturday or
a sunday can be entered?
please help me,its for college coursework
thanks
sam

--

Dave Peterson