Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default if statement

Here is a suggestion

=INDEX(B:B,ROUNDUP(A1*24,0))

--
HTH

Bob

"hotlh" wrote in message
Hi there,
I have a workbook that gives me information with time in 24hr clock and
what
l alo have is a list of of numbers that l want to match as close as
possibleo
each time. example
list of numbers to choose from
06:00 230
07;00 231
08:00 232
So what l am trying to do is if 06;00 equals 230 then put in 230 into
column
whatever
then 07:00 would have to equal 231
then 08;00 would have to be 232 and so on
it will always equal a number referenced of the side numbers so there will
be no false statement.
what l have done is =if(f:f<300,"230"),(g:g)
l want it to put the information back into column G. So what l am trying
say is if <300 make it 230 and return it to column G. then for the next
one l
have done is
=if(f:f0700,"231"),(g:g) if greater than 0700 make it 231. Can l do this
at
all as l have value written in column G? Thanks chris

--
chris