Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trista @ Pacific[_2_] Trista @ Pacific[_2_] is offline

Default Awesome, thank you!

Thanks!

"bpeltzer" wrote:

With the input string in A1:
=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,(FIND(",",A1,FIND("-",A1)))-FIND("-",A1)-1))
This is looking for the comma, then the dash after the comma.
It returns the characters between the two, with any leading or trailing
space characters trimmed off.

"Trista @ Pacific" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to construct a formula to extract certain
information.

The text may look like one of the following:

Safeway Store # 711 - Mill Valley, CA
Jake's Marketplace - Oakland, CA

I am wanting to take the city portion (between the "- " and the "," and put
it in another column. The number of characters will vary and I'm not sure
how to do this. Thanks for any help.