Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with CSV file

That worked. I have no idea why. Thanks.

"JP" wrote in message
Try formatting the column as Number with zero decimal places (not
Text).

--JP

On Nov 20, 5:01 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
OK, so the guy who's sending them is naming the file with a csv
extension,
but not choosing the correct file type, which wouldn't work anyway since
the
first sheet is already at its limit of records. Onward:

The data looks right in the sheet when I open it. If I open a brand new
Excel sheet, format the cells as text, and copy the data to the new sheet
using Paste Special/Values, why are those long strings turning into
exponential format?