Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Evaluate function

Hi Stefi,

Yes I have an English version of Excel 2000 and by following the
instructions
exactly, it works as it says. Quite amazing actually.

I can't see a need for it myself, however I can see a bit of potential
there.
On face value it appears to calculate on text values which to me seems
like it could be very useful in certain situations.

HTH
Martin

"Stefi" wrote in message
Thanks for the tip, Martin, I tried it but it didn't work for me, maybe
because of language difference. I tried both EVALUATE and its Hungarian
equivalent but neither of them worked. If you have English language Excel,
would appriciate if you could make a test

Regards,
Stefi

"MartinW" ezt írta:

Hi Stefi,

Here is an interesting one I found in a google search.
http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-eva...ormula-VBA.htm
Scroll down to Excel Tips and Tricks.

HTH
Martin

"Stefi" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply, Stephen. It seems that FUNCS.XLS contains not
only
worksheet functions, though it's then questionable why are they
translated
(VBA functions are used in original English forms). I would expect the
same
operation as that of VBA Evaluate function: evaluate an expression.

Regards,
Stefi

"Stephen" ezt írta:

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I work with XL2003 Hungarian language version. I've a FUNCS.XLS file
in
folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\1038 consisting of
function list and Hungarian translation of function names. It
contains
Evaluate function, but I can't find it in Excel (only in VBA). Is
there
such
a function in Excel, if yes, where can I find it?

Thanks,
Stefi

There is no such worksheet function.

What do you think it does?