Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Agnieszka Agnieszka is offline

Default Pivot Table Column Widths

Hi,
I had the same problem, and the only solution, which I managed was to save a
simple macro with a key shortcut (i.e. CTRL+w), which set a fix column
witdths.

Sub Macro2()
'
' Macro2 Macro

' Range("A1").Select
Range("C5").Select
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotSelect "", xlDataAndLabel,
True
Selection.ColumnWidth = 4.5
Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.AutoFit
Columns("B:B").EntireColumn.AutoFit
End Sub

BR
Agnieszka

€˛Iriemon€¯ pisze:

Actually, I have the opposite problem. Due to the column headers on my data
sheet, the columns on my pivot table are too wide.

Iriemon

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

In a blank row above the pivot table add in some text (aaaaa or such)
designed to create the correct column width. It's kinda cheesy but it works...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Iriemon" wrote:

I have a worksheet containing several pivot tables. Is there any way to
"lock" the column widths so that when I refresh the tables the column widths
remain as I have them set?

Thanks