Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen[_2_] Stephen[_2_] is offline

Default No more custom number formats can be added

"Anand" wrote in message
I get the following message when I try and increase the significant digits
of
a number in a cell, with certain Excel files:
"No more custom number formats can be added"

The message comes up in a pop up box. Once I get this message, I get the
above message everytime I try to re format a cell. Does anyone know how I
can aviod this message?

Thanks,
AD

Remove some of the unused custom formats!

The problem is that these build up rapidly, particularly if you have more
than one workbook open at a time, as formats from all open workbooks get
saved each time any file is saved.

Take a look he
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/eee007.txt
In the section "POWER PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUE By Leo Heuser" you will find a
very useful macro that will delete all unused custom formats from a
workbook.