Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nagje nagje is offline

Default How to calculate with #div/0! error?

The data is obtained from several other sheets (it are calculations based
upon lab experiments with good/not good results). Here is a row of data (all
percentages), starting in january and going to december:
100.00 92.86 100.00 88.89 100.00 93.33 91.67 87.50 100.00 100.00
100.00 #div/0!

Manual calculation over 11 months gives me: 95.84% The formula you gave me
gives me 96.11%. A difference of 0.27%. Not that big but there are also rows
where the difference is 1.00%.

Hope this is what you asked for. Thanx again for helping.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Most likely it is rounding. For example you may see 14.4% in a cell but the
actual stored values could be 14.35789%

Show us the data from which the percentages are calculated.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"nagje" wrote in message
Thx...this helps a lot.
But, why is the answer from this calculation different then when I do a
manual count of month results divided by the number of months where
results
have been entered?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

The easiest way is to change the formula tat computes the average to
something like =IF(D100,D10/C1,""). Then your AVERAGE formula will work

Alternatively, use the array formula
=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(B1:B12),B1:B12,""))
which must be entered with SHIFT+CTRl+ENTER not just ENTER
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"nagje" wrote in message
Hey there,

I'd like to get the average of a row filled with percentages. But
because
the percentages will only be filled in when the month has started I
have
some
div/0! values. How can I calculate the average? And please try to keep
it
simple :D

Hope I explained it clearly, if not let me know, see an example below.
thx
Nagje

example (yes i know this isn't a row ;-) ):
Jan 95.2%
Feb 100.0%
March 93.2%
April 95.0%