Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Numbers & text in same cell - conditional formatting

Hi Jock,

I presume you have 8 different words in column E (of which "test" is
one), and you want to count up how many each one occurs and display
the count in A3:B6 (why not A3:A10 ?). Then you want to highlight the
word in column E which occurs most often, wherever it occurs? Is this
the case?

Pete

On Nov 20, 2:31 pm, Jock wrote:
Hi All,
The following formula will count the number of times 'test' appears in the
range and display that total number with the word 'test' I.E. "5 test"

=COUNTIF($E$8:$E$68,"test")&" test"
There are another 7 similar formulas in adjacent cells (A3:B6)
How can I get conditional formatting to identify the number and format the
cell as I would like? This is the formula I'm using for cf:
=A3=MAX(($A$3:$A$6),($B$3:$B$6))
--
Help!!
Traa Dy Liooar