Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pulling my hair out pulling my hair out is offline

Default Counting Cells with same data

I have a worksheet with over 50,000 rows but only approximately 3,000 unique
rows. The rest are the same data with different qty or category, etc.
(Column 1 = Data, Column 2 = Category, Column 3 = qty)

Is there a way to filter the sheet by each unique cell, hide the duplicates,
and give a total of how many duplicates?

The columns consist of part #, qty sold, category, date, time... I just want
a total of each part number and how many were sold regardless of the
category, date, time.

Thanks,
Wayne