Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Formulas

Your calculation is probably set to manual. Tools |Options |Calculation
(Check Automatic)...

F9 will do a one time calc for you...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Copying VLOOKUP formulas" wrote:

That worked great...with one exception. When I click the bottom left corner
of the cell and drag it down the column, the formula copies correctly but the
returned value is incorrect. The formula copies correctly but it won't
return the correct value unless I click on the formula bar and then hit
enter. I don't have to change anything in the formula itself, just
highlighting the formula bar and then hitting ENTER corrects the returned
value. Any trick to doing that all at once?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

replace your form with:

=VLOOKUP(K4,$A$3:$C$714,3,FALSE)

now the K4 will change, but the lookup table will not
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200757

"Copying VLOOKUP formulas" wrote:

I have the following formula inserted into a cell. I know it works because
it returns the correct value.

=VLOOKUP(K4,A3:C714,3,FALSE)

I now need to copy this same formula in the same column over about 700 rows
of data. The "K4" will obviously change since that's the value I'm looking
for, but how do I lock the range table, i.e. "A3:C714", so it won't increase
when I copy the formulas down? Also, is there something I need to do in
Paste Special to make the formula work in the other rows? I've tried
everything and I can't get the formula to copy correctly. I obviously don't
want to retype it 700 times.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.