Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jenn jenn is offline

Default MS query - 2 questions

Hi,

I've been encountering two issues with MS Query and Excel:

(1) Occasionally the spreadsheet loses the link to the query I have set up
so I am unable to refresh my data and must rewrite my query.

(2) When I am in Microsoft Query and I modify the SQL to get the data I
want, when I choose "Return data to Microsoft Office Excel", it seems to
re-execute the query which I don't understand. This is a problem because the
databases I am accessing are very large and the queries can take 20 minutes
so to re-execute can take another 20 minutes. Is there a way to stop this
from happening and just return the data?

Thanks for any help,
Jenn