Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Charting selective data

Sure. Turn on the macro recorder then play with the autofilter to get some
code to play with.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jael" wrote in message
Jon:
Thanks - works well for what I need at this time. Can Autofilter be
applied
programatically? I'm familian with VBA in MS Access but not in Excel and
this might be a good place to start "experimenting"

Apreciate your responses
Jael

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

No problem. AutoFilter works the same way in Excel from version 97 (and
probably earlier, I just don't remember) to 2003. It also works in 2007,
but
I'm not sure if the functionality has been adjusted much.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jael" wrote in message
Thanks - not familiar with autofilter but search it out and give it a
try -
I'm using Excel 2000 (yeah I know - it's old, but the company is too
cheap
upgrade) will that make a difference?

jael

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Apply an autofilter to the data range, or convert it to a list (Excel
2003:
Data menu) or a table (Excel 2007), then select the status you want to
show
in the dropdown. By default, Excel charts do not plot hidden rows and
columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Jael" wrote in message
I have a database in an excel worksheet that I download from an
internet
source.
It's 25 columns by 100 to 150 rows.

I want to plot the value in the "Value" column versus the date in
the
"Date"
column for each row where the "Status" Column equals "A" in a chart
on
that
worksheet.

"Value" ranges form 100 to 300, "Date" covers a 2 year window and
there
are
about 30 (+/-) occurrences of "Status" = "A"

I use the data base functions to find min, max, average but would
like
some
way to apply the criteria to my graph.

I'm familiar with MS Access & VBA in MS Access and could generate a
query
but I want to do this in an Excel application.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Jael