Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JICDB JICDB is offline

Default Nested if statements

I am writing a request form for our printing department and I need some help
with a nested if formula. I have two main fields in this formula - size
requested and size used. If the request is for 8.5 x 11 paper, lets say 100
pcs, and we use 8.5 x 11 paper to fill the request the quantity of sheets of
paper used is 100 (Quantity *1). If we use 11x17 paper to fill the request,
we can get two 8.5 x 11 pieces on that paper so I need to divide the
requested amount by 2 to see how many sheets of paper were used. Because
there are varying size combinations I don't know the best way to figure out
sheets used.

In English I want to say (R=size requested, U=size Used, Q = quantity
requested)

If R = U than Q *1
If R = 8.5x11 and U = 11x17 than Q/2
If R = 8.5x11 and U = 17x22 than Q/4