Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John A[_2_] John A[_2_] is offline

Default formula to convert decimal feet to feet inch sixteenths

THe space thing was holding me up. I finally tried it with spaces and it
worked. I wasn't aware spaces were allowed in Excel formulas. 'ya learn
something everyday. Many thanks
--
Thanks for your help

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:34:00 -0800, John A
wrote:

clarification request:
Using your first formula... would the entire formula including the
characters beyond the comma (,) go into the formula bar with cell A1
selected?

No. The formula refers to cell A1 which would be where you put your data. If
you have a formula in the cell, and then overwrite it with data, you no longer
have the formula.

But of course you use the entire formula, if you want the result in feet and
inches.

Also, is there a space after the comma followed by "&MOD(A1,12)&"inches"?

Yes.

--
Thanks for your help

--ron