Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen[_2_] Stephen[_2_] is offline

Default Validation cell entries (Drop-down list)

"Nuno" <Portugal wrote in message
I need to use a drop-down list in a range of cells of 2 columns. In the
range of the 1st column, I'm using a simple data validation list for it's
entries, but in the 2nd column, I need to get a list with some conditions.
For example:
If A1= Costs
B1 only can be ('aaa', 'bbb' or 'ddd')

If A1= Income
B1 only can be ('ccc', 'eee' or 'fff')

At the moment, at the Data Validation Settings (Source:), I'm using IF
conditions, but the formula is getting too large (and I need to insert
more
conditions), I've tried to use SUMPRODUCT but it gives me an error!

Can you help me? Thanks
Nuno Belo

This sort of thing is explained very well he