Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Covert # to measurement

=INT(A1/12)&"' "&MOD(A1,12)&""""
which doesn't need analysis ToolPak.

The recommendation in the thread (from June 2004!) to which you referred was
if you wanted to use =DOLLARFR(A1/12,12) to get the output as 5.01
--
David Biddulph

"John A" wrote in message
I've been working my way through these posts and installed Analysis
ToolPak
on my Excel 2003. What I really want to do is to be able to have Excel
covert just inches (61") or (61) into feet and inches. How do I proceed
in a
work sheet?
--
Thanks for your help

"DbobThe Builder" wrote:

I want to convert a number with decimal (23.5) to feet and inches (23'
6") I cant figure out how to multiply just the decimal place (.5) by 12
and then show the quotation marks(" ') which designate feet and inches