Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default How do I validate text in a cell based on other sheets in the work

Vague, but perhaps something simple along these lines
using COUNTIF would work for you

Assume the last 3 sheets are named: Sheet2, Sheet3, Sheet3
and the text to be checked in each are located in col A

In Sheet1,
you have the text* listed in A2 down
*to be checked

Put in B2:
=IF(SUM(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A2),COUNTIF(Sheet3!A:A, A2),COUNTIF(Sheet4!A:A,A2))0,"Alert!","")
Copy B2 down as far as required. If the text in col A is found in any of the
3 sheets, col B will return: Alert!, otherwise it'll stay "blank". Adapt to
suit.
--
Max
Singapore
"subdeven" wrote:
What I am trying to do is check the text in a cell on one sheet to see if it
is the same as the text in any of 4 cells on the last three sheets in the
workbook and issue a warning if it is the same. I can't seem to figure out a
way to do this. Can it be done and if so how?