Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Duplicates

Note that the copy must be on the same worksheet.

It can be on any sheet. If the data is one one sheet and you want to extract
the uniques to a different sheet then you *must* start the process from the
other sheet.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"OssieMac" wrote in message
Hi Guy,

Select the data including the column headers (must have column headers)
then
Data-Filter-Advanced and make a copy of Unique data. If you can't work
out
how to drive Advanced filter then get back to me and let me know your
version
of xl and I'll provide some instructions.

Note that the copy must be on the same worksheet.

OssieMac

"Guy Lydig" wrote:

Excel XP

Column A has numbers which are repeated many times. Each number
corresponds
to a family.

For example:

1234 Smith A
1235 Jones A
1234 Smith A
1236 Jones B
1234 Smith A
1235 Jones A
1234 Smith A
1236 Jones B

How can I extract each number listed only once (omitting duplicates) so I
have:

1234 Smith A
1235 Jones A
1236 Jones B